Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pick-up Lines

Occasionally, I have a lot of thoughts that i just want to spew at the world. I wish everyone knew what I knew. When those times come, occasionally I consider putting them up on my blog, but I inevitably shoot that idea down since that is simply a place to publish my poetry. So, what did I decide to do? Start a new blog for my thoughts that don't rhyme!

Last night, I had two thoughts. I only remember one of them though. I'm sure I'll remember the second one later though, so hang in there. Here's the first:

Often, I hear the question, "What are your thoughts on pick-up lines?." For example, there is a whiskey commercial where the guy says, "There is a time and a place for them; the time is never. You can figure out the place on your own." I've also heard a lot of guys swear they would never use a pick-up line, but I don't think there is anything wrong with them. I think that as a guy, it is important that we represent ourselves accurately. If you're a guy who thinks pick-up lines work, more power to you. If you just think they are funny, then go for it. Personally, I like the fact that they quickly break the ice. I doubt I would ever use one seriously, but perhaps in a joking manner. I just think it is important you represent yourself accurately in those first few minutes you meet a person, and if you get turned down for using a pick-up line, then obviously the girl doesn't have the same sense of humor as you, so it's probably for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment